Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Playlist to Search to a Job To

Searching for a job can be a very tedious activity. It involves copying, pasting, attaching, and deleting copies of your resume as well as revising your cover letter to call out specific points of a job listing, all the while hoping that your Internet connection does not time out. After a few hours of doing this, you may find yourself jumping out of your seat and giving yourself a high five every time you see the words “Your application has been successfully submitted.” appear on your screen. Looking for a job is a workout in itself so if there are playlists to run, jog, and bike to, there should be a playlist to search for a job to.




As I flipped through the July issue of Self  magazine during today’s mid-morning-job-search-gym-break, I found an interesting article on page 99 entitled “Get a Rockin Body.” Followed by the sub-head,”Music may just be the ultimate trainer. Studies show it helps you to work harder and helps you fight fatigue. Harness its power with tune-up tips and exclusive moves that keep top pop stars fit. Note to pounds. Just beat it.” Since I consider searching for a job a workout, I reviewed the tune-up tips to see if they could help me improve my results.

I love this record player!

Tip 1: Music pushes your pace.

Will this help my job search? YES. The more resumes that I can fill out per hour the better but just as you should not sacrifice your form to complete more reps, make sure to remember to check for spelling errors. I tend to make stupid spelling and grammar mistakes when I am in a rush.

Tip 2: Music motivates you to keep going.

Will this help my job search? YES. If  music can keep me from getting up every 30 minutes and creating unnecessary distractions for myself I may be able to submit an additional 4-5 applications a day.

Tip 3: Music makes the work feel easier?

Will this help my job search? YES. I am all for anything that will make the arduous process of filling out a job application easier.

Tip 4: Music helps you pump iron.

Will this help my job search? MAYBE. I am not sure about this one but I guess I can type with my right hand and do pencil arm curls with my left or I could type with both hands while doing plies. I will have to try both of these exercises.

Tip 5: Music gets you grinning.

Will this help my job search? YES, and sometimes I even start singing and grooving in my desk chair.
 

Based on the above analysis, music should help me “Get a Rockin Job.” That being said, here is my Playlist to Search for a Job To. (All songs available for purchase on itunes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment