Friday, June 17, 2011

Brace Yourself

Love these oversized Hermes bracelets.
Hermes, Madison Avenue.

Brace yourselves. The Pink Lady is coming out of retirement as of this Monday. In an earlier post, I mentioned that any freelance position that requires me to be on-site will be referred to as "positions that take me out of retirement." Since this is a three-month maternity fill-in and not a permanent position, I am going to refer to this transition as "semi-retired."

I am excited to embark on my new adventure and feel very fortunate that I secured this opportunity because job listings for someone at my level, or for someone at any level for that matter, tend to slow down in the summer. A maternity fill-in is also a good test to see if both the employer and employee would be happy working together if a permanent position was to materialize. In this case, the freelancer is usually the first candidate they will consider.

I will continue to write about style and design but instead of sharing the trials, tribulations, and tales about my job search (aka coming out of retirement) I will recount the funny and interesting events of my life from the perspective of a first-time freelancer.

Don’t forget to tell your friends, family, and co-workers about The Apple of My Eye. Harvey Weinstein will never discover the Pink Lady and commission her musings for a book or movie deal unless you spread the word. Don't worry, she will never forget where she came from or thank the people who helped her get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment