Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mme. Pink Lady

"One should never trust a woman who tells her real age. If she tells that, she'll tell anything."  
                                                                                                                            -Oscar Wilde

Sunday was Madame Big Apple's (the mother of Mme. Pink Lady) TH? birthday. A lady should never reveal her real age, or her mother's for that matter, but you are only as old as you feel, and my mother started taking Zumba classes last year. Need I say more?

How does my mother’s birthday relate to the terms style and the act of finding a job? Let's start with style. My past posts have described her fondness for footwear and flair for party planning. Let's move on to the word job. The hardest job in the world, according to me, is that of a mother. She may never have to hear the words “You’re fired!" or “I am very sorry to have to tell you this but we are eliminating your position as of today.”  but that is a trade off for sleepless nights, unnecessary anxiety, and the “occasional” confrontational argument.

Because of current financial restraints, I am unable to buy my mother as many birthday presents as I would like to and since we do not live in the same city, I will not be there to celebrate it with her. What I can do is show you what I would give her if things were different and as they say, it is the thought that counts. (If Harvey Weinstein options my blog for a book or movie deal, I could buy Mme. Big Apple all of this and so much more.)

Breakfast in bed.
A beautiful flower arrangement.

Calorie-free French Macarons
Tickets to the Book of Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment